Investment & Sale Readiness
A good business is not necessarily a good investment. And what constitutes a good investment varies from investor to investor.
PHiQ assists clients to identify appropriate investors or buyers for their business, and to satisfy investment criteria in a manner that optimizes enterprise value.
Conduct a functional review of the business, using the data gathered to produce an expert report that:
- critically evaluates operational and financial performance and risks in the context of relevant markets, and identifies process and management issues that need to be addressed to mitigate investment risk;
- identifies, evaluates and/or prioritizes strategic initiatives aimed at increasing sales and/or profitability, and therefore enterprise value; and
- identifies potential sources of capital, and outlines relevant investment parameters.
The functional review, and related analysis, is conducted over a 4 to 6 week period, and involves the following:
- 4 to 6 meetings (plus email and telephone dialogue) with client stakeholders and management, to gather information about the internal and external business environment, historical information, and discuss findings gleaned from the analysis of data;
- a series of non-prejudicial, on-site meetings with administrative, engineering or design, sales, production, and management staff, occurring over 3 or 4 days, covering various areas of business operations;
- analysis of available financial and operational data;
- reviewing industry websites, marketing materials, and related publications;
- procuring and reviewing available research materials;
- high level risk analysis of recommendations; and
- development of a project plan framework, including a high level strategic overview and organisational structure, and immediate operational priorities.
PHiQ assists with the implementation of recommendations made in the report via Strategic Services, wherein PHiQ assumes a hands-on role in revising and implementing operational, financial and commercial strategies.